We are an information design agency specialized in communicating complexity and visualizing data.
We use information design to unlock the story-telling power of data. Turning numbers and words into meaningful visualizations, memorable insights and engaging experiences.
A decade of growth
The Visual Agency’s story starts in 2011, when our Founder, Paolo Guadagni, former CEO of the award-winning Milanese PR agency Digital PR, is approached by the Italian Nuclear Forum, a government agency with the challenge of effectively communicating large amounts of data about nuclear energy to the Italian population. Guadagni joins forces with Professor Paolo Ciuccarelli, Founder and then Head of the Density Design Lab at Politecnico di Milano, with the idea to establish a specialized agency combining technical know-how and data-science with creative design and communications. Later that year The Visual Agency is founded.
- Founded on November 17th with the Alchimia Holding possessing a one-third stake. Among the first European start-ups offering data visualization solutions in Italy, one of the very first worldwide.
- The company’s first three employees are hired to cover the departments: motion graphics, interactive and information design.
The Visual Agency gains independence from the Alchimia Holding making Paolo Guadagni the sole shareholder.
Since the very beginning, Prof. Ciuccarelli acts as a true mentor for the agency, creating a bridge between the academia and research world, to funnel best practices, new perspectives and approaches into TVA's work.
- TVA embarks on a HR investment to expand the scope of skills and expertise it can offer. In parallel, the new TVA Brand identity launches.
- The Visual Agency is making its mark with its first international awards for Best Commercial Client Project at the Information is Beautiful Awards and Best Portfolio at the renowned International Data Journalism event, Malofiej, and laying the foundation for rapid growth.
- The Visual Agency launches Visualeyed, the first-ever Italian visual journalism magazine.
- Promotion of Matteo Bonera to Creative Director and Francesco Roveta to Design Director.
- Francesco Foscari, chairman of iCorporate, becomes investor and partner of The Visual Agency strengthening the board with his national and international network and long-standing expertise in corporate PR and Communications.
- The agency wins a very large tender from ENI to produce static, interactive and video infographics for 3 years.
- A new brand identity is created.
- Prof. Paolo Ciuccarelli joins TVA officially as a shareholder and Member of the Board.
- Nina Corradini is hired as Sales and Marketing Director.
- Turnover exceeds 1 million euros.
- The renowned and award-winning project on Leonardo da Vinci’s Codex Atlanticus is published and presented at several international events.
- The Visual Agency buys a 30% stake in Dalk, a start-up focusing on developing data-driven content and supporting the expansion of both businesses.
- Agency receives over 10 awards across design, both editorial and digital, animation and data visualization.
- Turnover reaches almost 1,5 million Euros.
- The Visual Agency receives multiple awards for Codex Atlanticus, including a gold at the prestigious Webby and Indigo Awards.
- The Visual Agency sets its sights on international expansion with the establishment of The Visual Agency International in Dubai, UAE. Former Google Italy Country Director and GoDaddy EMEA Vice President, Stefano Maruzzi, is at the helm of the new office and also the newest member of the Board.
The Visual Agency’s services are renowned for driving business value for clients. Some of the key benefits we deliver are:
- Sales and marketing measurement, optimization and performance.
- Financial analysis and decision.
- Financial and business data analysis to guide decision making.
- Public education and communication.
- Efficient internal and external corporate communication.
- Brand measurement and performance.
- Research and Survey communication.