Digital Information Designer
The Visual Agency is a data and information design agency specialized in communicating complexity and visualizing data. We use information design to unlock the story-telling power of data and turn numbers and words into meaningful visualizations, memorable insights and engaging experiences.
We are a growing team of 25 people. Our staff spans information designers, developers, illustrators, consultants and motion-graphers. As Digital Information Designer you will be part of our Digital Design Team in Milan.
About the job
We are looking for a passionate Digital Information Designer capable of carrying out unique projects and building visually outstanding digital solutions. You will partner with a team of talented information designers, art directors and developers.
You will play an active role in all design phases of a digital product: from understanding customer needs and developing a strong concept rationale to sketching and wireframing; from building aesthetically qualitative UI to creating high fidelity prototypes.
Are you ready to design digital interfaces to decipher and visualize data and complex information?
Hit "apply" and let us know how your skills can benefit our team!
What you’ll do
- Interact directly with clients to understand their needs and define the scope of the projects
- Follow the complete lifecycle of a design project: from drafting the initial proposal to managing the resources and making sure that the best possible results are delivered on time
- Understand users through interviews, observations, workshops (online or in-person) and create requirements for products with an eye on the business and technical needs as well
- Create design solutions, from the initial sketches to the final interactive prototype
- Present your designs to the team and the client
- Create beautiful interactive data visualizations and dashboards, accompanied by a clear, intuitive and modern interface to use them
Who we are looking for
- At least 3-5 years in a communication design agency or as a freelancer in creating outstanding, engaging and visually compelling interfaces and websites
- Online portfolio or samples of works demonstrating strong design skills in the UI / UX field
- Strong interest or proven competence with information design and data visualization
- Proficiency in using contemporary design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Zeplin
- Familiarity with creating and managing design systems
- Ability to conduct user requirement analysis
- Ability to own multiple projects end to end
- Excellent organization, planning and communications skills
- You are a pixel perfectionist, up to date with the latest standards/trends in UI Design, able to respect deadlines and have strong team working abilities and a can do attitude
- Very good level of both spoken and written English
Nice to have
- Experience in conducting user research and user testing sessions to inform, ideate and iterate designs
- Experience in creating and facilitating Design Thinking and co-creation workshops
What we offer
- Permanent contract
- A great working environment and team
- This is not a remote position, we believe in the value of working side by side in a welcoming work environment, in the strength of ideas that generate and blossom from face-to-face relationships. Required presence in the office 50%.
- Training: yearly personal budget and time for training and conferences
- Self Initiated Projects: as an agency, we believe that Self Initiated Projects are a great opportunity to grow, experiment, and challenge yourself. That's why we actively invest time and resources in them. Here you can find two of our most successful Self Initiated Projects of recent years:
- Codex Atlanticus